Double Aperture Self © 2011
Working for years as a portrait and fine art photographer, a love of light and the history of photography has taken my work back in time, slowed it down. With a passion for simplifying the tools and processes I often wonder how available can I make photography to myself, or to others. Using minimal interference, from capturing to creating, my artistic explorations seem to be a continued search for processes that encourage a hands-on connection inspiring imagery that feels crafted rather than snapped.
email@example.com 505 231 3758 www.campobscura.com
Exhibits and Collections:
• "Past is Present", David Richard Gallery, Santa Fe, New Mexico,
July 8 through September 3, 2016 group show
• “Flight Patterns”, Esquina Gallery, Soho New York, June through August 2015, group show
• “Poetics of Light”, New Mexico History Museum, group show of pinhole photography
• Santa Fe Community College, 2012, group exhibit
• “Out There, That Thing We Call Nature”, Hoxie Gallery, Westerley, Rhode Island ,2007,
• Pizzeria Espiritu, Santa Fe New Mexico 1998, solo exhibit
• “Mostly Sky”, Austin Texas 1985, Jackie Mathey and Shelton Walsmith
• Wittliff Collection
• The New Mexico History Museum Photo Archives Collection
• Eric Renner and Nancy Spencer Collection
• Addy Award for work with the Albuquerque Biological Park Brochure
• Performance Santa Fe • Security Capitol Investments
• Mothering Magazine • Santa Fe Menu Magazine
• Alternative Therapies Magazine • Rick Johnson and Company
• Fayette Street Academy • PNM • Ristra • Pizzaria Espiritu • Geronimo’s
• A collection of very appreciated private portrait clientele.
• Demonstration July 23rd 10:45 a.m., David Richard Gallery, Santa Fe, New Mexico
• New Mexico History Museum, Building Tabletop Camera Obscuras, family workshops and docent training sessions for upcoming “Poetics of Light” exhibit.
• Santa Fe Public Schools, Visiting Artist Program, 5 years and over a thousand elementary school children taught.
• “Camp Obscura Adventures in Pinhole Photography!”, created in 2005 offering workshops exploring photography in it’s most basic form.
• Santa Fe Waldorf High School, 3 years teaching pinhole photography.
• New Mexico’s Heart Gallery, CASA and CYFD sponsored workshops teaching photography for teens in foster care.
• Department of Veterans, teaching privately.
• Santa Fe Community College, Associate in Fine Art, Studied Alternative Processes for 3 years with Kevin Sullivan.
• Ringling College of Art and Design
• University of South Florida, Fine Art Department